cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: What is new with the NOW TV Hub Two?

Thanks Andy legend
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone, reading the post you sound technically minded so hoping you can help!! Haha.
I have recently set up my now tv hub two - I have managed to connect my MacBook, iPhone and tv. But my google home speaker won’t connect. It’s suggesting step 1: disable the Access Point/AP isolation AKA client isolation or guest mode on the router. Then step 2: enable UPnP or multicast on the router.
I called the nowtv tech team and they suggested I needed to disable these things on the advanced settings of the google home. But this doesn’t seem possible via the google home app.

Does anybody have any ideas? 😩
0 Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Nah, you shouldn't need to do any of that, the NOW TV Hub should work fine with Google Home. Have you tried following the steps in this help article

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7170507?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en&oco=0

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: What is new with the NOW TV Hub Two

Hi. This seems to have worked. It was definitely trying to connect to the
right network. Anyway, it’s worked so thank you very much 😁!! Greatly
appreciated. Rachael
0 Thanks
Burlstar
Advocate

Hub 2 is not as good as the BT hub first it only has 2 ethernet ports ( why the hell only two???) BT you get the standard 4. Plus as i have just switched over from BT i can assure you it is not as fast. WIFI is not as good.   So far its a inferior unit all round compared to BT. I did ask if I can used my own Netgear work Router but operator said its not advisable. So that's another downer

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why not just connect the BT Hub to the Now TV Hub? Then the Now TV Hub will be connected to the internet but the BT Hub will be doing all the networking side of things so you will still have access to 4x 1GB ports and better WiFi...

Here is a guide:

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/8046/how-to-use-the-bt-home-hub-5-with-another-isp

It sounds more complicated than it is and it should work with all BT home hubs, not just number 5.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I work for NOW TV as a technical advisor, you are indeed able to use your own independent router, just not one from another company but that is common sense I'm sure your aware of that lol, netgear routers etc are fine 😊 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have different networks at exchanges mate so BT have a network, NOW TV is SKY NETWORK, BT own all the lines though that sky can only rent off BT only virgin have their own infrastructure, TALKTALK I believe soon to set theres up too, big things coming for TALKTALK !! 

0 Thanks
Gill
Occasional Poster

Hi hope u can help ....I've just gone live on hub2 I'm not technically minded I dont have computers or laptops just my galaxy8 fone I've tried all day can anyone help me easily to connect to my tv pleeeeese 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gill 

The NowTV Hub 2 is purely a Router to access the internet with and is not a streaming box to watch NowTV on your television.

To watch NowTV on your television, you will need a suitable supported device from the link below together with a suitable NowTV TV pass (i.e. Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Kids or Hayu pass).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

0 Thanks