cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Becky_n
Advocate

Phone line

So I’ve purchased a broadband & phone package.

how does it work with a phone line? Previous with BT I was given a BT landline phone with the package but didn’t receive one with Now. Will any landline work ? Because I was told I’d need a new phone number etc with my new package. How does this work with a physical landline ?

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Becky_n 

You will only receive the router with NOW nothing else. So you need to purchase your own one.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Becky_n 

You have to buy your own phone, but you can just plug it in to any phone socket you have, and start trying to use it.

Then there are four options:-

It doesn’t work at all.

it can call out, but you can’t receive calls.

It can receive calls, but you can’t call out.

It works perfectly.

To test it, ring your mobile from the handset. As long as calling out is OK, you will see your new phone number displayed on the mobile. Make a note of it. Then answer it, to ensure you can hear the caller out.

Then call that number from the mobile. If the handset rings, it looks like calling in is OK. Then answer it, to ensure you can hear the caller in.

If all this is OK, you are good to go.

If it fails at any stage, get on to Now Broadband and report the issue, Do not worry that the Now options do not seem to cover telephone issues; they do. Take ‘Broadband’ to mean ‘telephone and Broadband’, and proceed accordingly.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.