cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickey
Mentor

Horrible connection in 1 room!

Hi all, since moving to my new place, I have had increasingly bad connection in my workspace. It started out okay, then my phone wasn't able to connect to the WiFi anymore, and now my laptop is having issues with the broadband as well. I've tried re-installing the Hub etc, but nothing seems to work. It really appears to be a problem in this room only, and other rooms (equally as far from the Hub as this one) are absolutely fine. Any ideas on what could cause this or what I could do to solve it? I'm especially annoyed as my monthly payment increased when moving to my new place (October) to 'improve connection'. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mickey 

Just to pre-warn you that it will just be other customers replying on here.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

Best option would be a power line adapter and connection via Ethernet if that is possible. All NOW provide is a subpar router. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@mickey 

Is there a fishtank in the way? Things like that, or possibly foil insulation in the walls, will do it.

Though the Now router probably has trouble passing its WiFi through a Walker’s crisp 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

@RoyB Seabrook crisps are much better, as the crinkle cut helps spread the signal further.

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

Indeed so, and they even have a nod to the Now Broadband they best support…

https://www.seabrookcrisps.com

😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
mickey
Mentor

@RoyB Thanks! Unfortunately there is nothing I can think of that is in the way, but ... it must just be the router that sucks