cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv

hi I’ve just set up my now tv hub 2, for broadband . How do I watch normal tv and freeview, I have no aerial ? If I buy a pass will this work ? 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Without a TV aerial you won't be able to receive the over the air Freeview or Youview service on any Freeview or Youview supported device.

You can access some of the live TV channels on the BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and All 4 App on various streaming devices via the internet, but this doesn't cover the full range of Freeview or Youview channels that you would get when using a TV aerial with suitable TV reception coverage in your post code area.

Certain streaming devices such has a full Roku Player offers a few more TV channels via The TV Player App by using the internet but when i tried the TV Player App the picture looked a little ropey to me compared to watching TV via a TV aerial.  @

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you previously had Sky Satellite you could look into using the old Dish and Sky Box for watching the bulk of the Terrestrial TV channels though you won't be able to record TV shows on the Sky box without a Sky Satellite TV subscription or look into FreeSat if you have a working Sat Dish.

Otherwise maybe look at a portable TV aerial if you can't get away installing a fixed aerial, though there is no guarantee that a portable aerial would offer a sufficient TV signal in your home.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, if you need to get a decent indoor aerial go to amazon I got one that is really good at £19.99 it is a 1byone indoor/outdoor  DVB T/T2. I got 169 channels on first setup you can get more by moving it around to find best reception. Hope this helps

Baz

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for help