cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Phone Line, No Broadband.

We had just a phone line with BT.

We decided we wanted Broadband. And selected Now. We ordered 17th February. We opted to keep phone number and move that to Now and get Broadband with Now.

Equipment arrived, told activation with Now 3rd March. BT also contacted us and said sorry to see us go and they allowed it to go through as of 1st March.

All set.

We set equipment up 5th March, connected fine. I done SpeedTest so I have record of connection and IP. All good we thought.

3 hours later Broadband drops, phone line still worked. Today 7th March phone line dead. No phone, no broadband.

Support has been poor at best. Still no real idea when this will get resolved. Maybe 72 hours, but no real accuracy. It's like no one has any idea what happened. No ownership, its apparently all Openreach's fault. Of course you can't speak to Openreach to validate that.

Left here wondering why we bothered and bitterly dissapointed. 

15 REPLIES 15
redchiz1
Champion 2

A couple of things to bear in mind. First, if the loss of service persists beyond two working days then you will be entitled to compensation. Second, once the service is restored have a chat with the NOW TV team about losing out there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Noted and certainly will do. Appreciate the reply. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today's update from Now Broadband. 

Extremely sorry once again regarding this. Our team will need to contact Openreach now to get an engineer out asap. The case should be with out tier 2 team who have a usual turn around for 72 hours however they can contact before that time frame too. So sorry once again - TD

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had not heard from Now for some days, called them today and they seem to think they can try and get Phone Line and Broadband active on 16th March. Some 2 weeks after it was meant to be. No mention of Openreach/Engineer.

My concern is there was no confidence in this date and no email or text, or indeed the Portal here confirming that date. So I have no idea if it was just plucked out of air to try and placate me.

Totally shambolic. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler

We have now cancelled everything with Now. They were unable to confirm we would be active on the 16th March and gave us no confidence, some 2 weeks after we were meant to and following multiple phone calls and text messages. BT said they would need 2 weeks to get a phone service back if we went back to them. 

Hard to know what to say.

We have started the process with Virgin Media to get a phone and broadband. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now might be reliant on Openreach. But it is Now who we are allowed to talk to and who we are to pay bills to. Openreach hide from contact and responsibility. 

Result. I have no phone and broadband. Simply because I wanted to move from BT phone only to Now Phone and Broadband and it was just all to difficult for them to arrange. 

I fear days if not weeks of silence.