Did you mean: 
Raakesh
Advocate

Moving connection from hall to passage

How can the existing connection be moved from Hall to Passage 

9 REPLIES 9
chilli2
Elite 2

Are you talking about the master socket, or the Now Hub2?

While its better to have the shortest lead possible, you can use a longer lead, I use the lead linked to below to get my router into a better position as putting it near the master socket would put it in a poor place

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NCNYLDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Raakesh
Advocate

@chilli2 Another cable going through hall to passage. What should i connect the cable to in the passage another extender? what instrument will work seamlessly after plugging in the cable if i look at options of putting the lan cable on the sideway

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Raakesh 

You need to call the broadband team if you want to move the hub completely. Otherwise see the helpful post from @chilli2 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Raakesh
Advocate

@chilli2 

@gavs82008 Thanks. That is what i want to do. Put it in the passage. Yes, i want to move the hub

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Raakesh 

Use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down for the call centre info.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

Raakesh
Advocate

@gavs82008 It doesn't go any further. Trying this page since morning but not getting any concrete results like a helpline number or email ID

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Raakesh 

As I said, the link has a ‘How to Get in touch’ drop down button, push it and you will see the call centre information. 

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Raakesh 

Correction; you only need to involve Now Broadband if you want the BT Master Socket moved. You can put the hub anywhere you like, subject only to the wiring requirements from the Master Socket that this may involve.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

Ideally, if you need to move the router further away from the mastersocket than the included cable allows you need to get a longer cable, for that connection you are better avoiding any extensions as these can cause issues with the quality and in turn you will be on a lower speed - also don't get a cheap modem/ADSL/VDSL/XDSL /RJ11 to RJ11 lead, if you need to run it under a door make sure that it won't snag or form a trip hazard.

This should be abasic task that shouldnt invovle the need to call customer service.

You cna of course ask if you can have the mastersocket moved, howver this is usually a chargable job and a quick google shows this to be in the region of £130 .

As said this should be a simple task and you dont need to call Customer service