cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrīck
Advocate

Supported living house share with rooms listing as individual addresses, I need advice about setup.

I'm currently in a supported living house share, the rooms are individually listed on a post code search for the address but the house already has extremely bad internet provided that is shared with a lot of people and constantly drops connection.. 

I'd like to know if it would be possible to get an engineer to visit and install a new line specifically for this room so that I could get my own separate internet.

The thing that makes me think this should be possible is that each room of this house shows up as an individual address whenever you put your post code into any form and select your address for delivery or even searching for best internet deals on comparison sites.

I really want to set up a super fiber plan on a monthly rolling contract but I can't mess with the existing line and there is a chance that I could be moving from here any time in the next couple of months to six months from now.

I know not many people will have been in this situation but have any of you installed a second line to your home and got a separate internet plan?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you can offer any advice or information on this, I'm not clued up on the workings of phone lines and the limitations of restrictions per address of any even exist..

Kind regards, 

Patrick.

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Patrīck 

I’d hate to try and give advice here, and send you wrong, but if your property were a block of flats, then clearly there would be no problem with multiple lines in.

But your best bet by far is to contact Now Broadband and ask, as we are all just customers here (even me who has had internet in three flats, though never a house shared like yours).

A few numbers they might eventually respond to are:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2473

Do note, though, that Now do not offer full fibre (FTTP), an investigation of which may better inform your choice of ISP.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Patrīck
Advocate

Thank you for the response, I was trying to find a way to get in touch with them from the outset but there doesn't seem to be a live chat feature like there was in the past and I can't find an email.. I'll try and reach out via the phone but I'm not able to right now. Everything lead to this way of searching for an answer sadly.

Kind regards, 

Patrick.