cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connection
Observer

Connection

Hi all, 

I'm tryna connect cameras to my wifi and it's saying I should try changing the DNS server but have no idea how to do this could anyone help me out with how to do this please? Really need to get this done tonight for my animals?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
chilli2
Elite 2

What cameras are you trying to connect?

Most of the time when people change the DNS server settings on the router they main the primary/secondary DNS , ie instead of the ISP DNS settings changing it to open DNS, Google DNs or another DNS server with features such as child settings.

This function is available on most ISP routers and all consumer routers , unsurprisingly the Now Hub2 is locked down and this function is not available.

However most cameras should connect to the Now router as long as you dont have too many devices trying to access the wifi ( rumoured to be around a maximum of 10) and they are in range of ( poor) wifi from the Now Hub2 .

If you are connecting via wifi use an app such as wifi analyzer to check the wifi signal where the cameras are located , if its poor then you could be getting error messages during set up.

If the signal is poor then you will need to get your own compatible router to replace the Now Hub2

What cameras are you trying to connect?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Connection 

If I am not mistaken they require 2.4 ghz channels. Try splitting the bands.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008  @Connection 

Ha, one case splitting the bands can help with, perhaps.

But ensure the device you are setting them up from is likewise on the 2.4GHz band when you do it.

Wont help if this is actually a port forwarding issue, of course, as it tends to be with cameras 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.