cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Install

Hi guys i seem to be having a lot of trouble, I’ve had my nowtv stick for a good while now (around a year) and it’s been working fine however it has started to reset itself to the point where i have to set it up all over again, this has been happening almost constantly and now it’s gotten to the point where i put in all my details (internet, set up remote etc) and then install and update my apps and when i get to the very end of installation, it just resets itself and i have to go back to the beginning again which is absolutely infuriating as i only want to watch TV. Can someone help? I’ve tried factory resetting or using a new remote but nothing seems to be happening. 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

How is your stick powered? Via USB in the TV or plug in the mains?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, it’s powered by USB in the TV.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

How many USB ports do you have on the TV?

Is there another port you could try.

It’s also worth trying using the USB adapter and plug it into the mains.

Have you tried it on another TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Unfortunately tried all of the above, no luck.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry to say I’m out of ideas. Hate to say that it sounds like it’s on the way out.

If I were you i would get an Amazon fire stick or a full blown Roku stick as an replacement.

chilli2
Elite

If using the mains adapter doesn't solve the issue, i would recommend getting a Roku stick as a replacement for the Now Stick .

The Now TV sticks ( and boxes) run a very cut down version of the Roku software and should be very familiar with the apps laid out in a grid