cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alexa echo dot set up

Hi all, we have recently got an alexa echo. No matter what I do we cannot connect to wi fi and finish the set up. I have tried turning the buddy off and setting up via a laptop/pc but nothing works!

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's really only possible to setup Echos with the Android Alexa app (or the iOS one on apple presumably), it cant be done with a Windows PC.

Make sure you have Bluetooth on on the phone and it is connected to the same Wi-Fi you are setting the Echo up to. It helps if you have previously let Amazon store your Wi-Fi passwords.

Start the setup again by holding the Dot button on the Echo until it starts rotating orange and follow the prompts on the Alexa app carefully.

It's always a bit confusing on the first one, it is easier once you have done it once (I've now got 5 Echos around the house, I love them)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but I have tried through the app on two phones both with Bluetooth on and then through a laptop as someone else suggested, but still no luck. 

I am going to try at someone else's house tomorrow to see if it's an issue with the alexa or the WiFi