cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not working as per contract

Hi, I am new to NOWTV broadband (joined last month). I purchased the last package, which guarantees the speed around 11 Mbps. However, I’ve never had that, maximum is around 2-3, and when I test it through NOWTV, it says my internet connection is good. Speed test is showing around 2, I can’t do Zoom calls since people can’t hear me, say I am very blurry and they see pixels. Every time I try to report it, it says my connection is good and I can’t reach NOWTV people. I tried resetting and did everything possible, but my internet connection is just horrible. Alexa can’t even play music from the radio since it’s constantly connecting too. Luckily, I have taken photos every day to show that my internet speed is not what was promised in the contract - i just want to get in touch with them so this can be resolved. Can anyone please help? Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

Are these the speeds reported by your router, or speedtest results? If the latter, are these the same wireless and wired?

Subject to that the easiest way to get in touch with the broadband support team is by using the contact details here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like you have purchased "brilliant broadband" which is an ADSL service. The MAX upload on that is 2Mbs and you are probably getting much less that that (it is dependant on the distance you are from the exchange).

Zoom and other video chat services are as much dependant on upload speed as download.

You really should have gone for a VDSL service as that is dependant on the distance from the street cabinet so should provide better speeds. ADSL is really only suitable for browsing and email.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Well yes, assuming the customer had the choice. Better to address the real rather than the hypothetical, perhaps? 

chilli2
Elite

As stated will need to know the package, although it does sound like ADSL.

Like all things the speeds are "best" effort and an upto 11 on ADSL will have significantly lower upload rates which will not be much use for the likes of Zoom or much of working from home.

ADSL should be fine for streaming one thing at upto HD and web browsing / emails etc but will struggle with anything more and/or doing multiple things

Sub 5Mb connections on the download side are slow, but not unheard of with ADSL

If  SGajski is on ADSL then he/she may have signed up to the wrong product for their needs

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 wrote:

@Anonymous User Well yes, assuming the customer had the choice. Better to address the real rather than the hypothetical, perhaps? 

There can't be many instances where ADSL is available but not VDSL. And @Anonymous User said:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I purchased the last package, which guarantees the speed around 11 Mbps. 

Which suggests they had a choice.