cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richardmay12
Advocate

Replacement of Master socket

Hi,

I had an engineer come in to install my Now WIFI box. He needed to change the location of the master socket however the master socket wasn't able to fit in to the new location. He told me that I would need to contact my broadband provider to get a replacement and get someone to fit it in. I've tried phoning however there isn't an option for installment. Who can I contact to get this sorted?

3 REPLIES 3
chilli2
Elite

Why does it need to be in a new location? why not move the router/modem/ap?

If the cable is too short then you have a few options open to you, first fit a filtered faceplate so you can do away with microfilters, next get a longer cable ie a sheilded RJ11 and job done.

RoyB
Legend

@Richardmay12 

Are you sure you got this straight?

It’s not called a BT Master Socket for nothing; it’s the responsibility of BT Openreach, not of non-BT Now,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Something doesn't seem right about your query. Why did the engineer want the master socket moving?

The engineer would have been from Openreach, not Now. so if he wanted it re-located he could have done it.

If you were requesting the move, yes you would need to contact your ISP (Now in this case) to get them to arrange it with Openreach, as that would be a chargeable service.