cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can activation be sped up if on previous Sky installation?

Hi,

We've recently purchased a house. The previous owners were on Sky broadband but the system is saying I need to wait until December 31st for my activation date. Shouldn't this just be a simple case of plugging the router into the OpenReach jack and it will work? The line should already be on Sky's circuit so I'm wondering why there's the need to wait nearly 2 weeks? Especially with the holidays coming up I'd really like to get connected faster as I'm currently relying on 4G in the house and it's appallingly slow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I've ended up answering my own question. Calling the broadband support team still gave the answer that I'd have to wait until my activation date of Dec 31st. However, the modem finally arrived today (delayed due to Royal Mail's business over Christmas) and it worked like a charm as soon as it was connected.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Only being a customer with TV passes I’m not able to give much advice I’m afraid. 
Your best option would be to call the broadband team to see what could be done? 

The 0800 free from number on the link below

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I've ended up answering my own question. Calling the broadband support team still gave the answer that I'd have to wait until my activation date of Dec 31st. However, the modem finally arrived today (delayed due to Royal Mail's business over Christmas) and it worked like a charm as soon as it was connected.