cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't let me connect to internet

I had a now t.v. white box and it all the sudden stopped me from connecting to internet so i refreshed the box and it still didn't work. So i thought it was the box that stopped working so i went out and brought the smart stick and it's still not letting me connect. Can anyone help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Any error message on your TV screen or when trying to connect to your home network when first setting up the stick ?

Do you get the three green ticks or a red tick and get can't connect message ?

Out of curisoity who is your ISP, where there may be something on the router settings blocking access to your nowtv stick.

Perhaps try the trouble shooting steps in this help guide, plus maybe try a different wifi channel on your router and see if powering down the router for 20 minutes makes any difference.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Any error message on your TV screen or when trying to connect to your home network when first setting up the stick ?

Do you get the three green ticks or a red tick and get can't connect message ?

Out of curisoity who is your ISP, where there may be something on the router settings blocking access to your nowtv stick.

Perhaps try the trouble shooting steps in this help guide, plus maybe try a different wifi channel on your router and see if powering down the router for 20 minutes makes any difference.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When try setting up the stick  first and attempting to connect i get an error message. I get a red cross and i get a can't connect message. How can i find out my ISP? I've tried all the help pages and everything just isn't working it's doing my head in now.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Your ISP is your Internet Service Provider such as Virgin Media, BT, Sky TalkTalk etc.

Perhaps try this.

Disable network pings: 
Struggling to connect your Roku player to your wireless network or seeing an error 014 message? Try this simple solution:

• Press these buttons quickly on your remote control:

Home x5
Fast Forward x1
Play x1
Rewind x1
Play x1

• Select Disable Network Pings from the options that appear on the next screen.
  • Go back, find the Connection Setup screen and try connecting to your network again. 

If you’re a Virgin Media customer:
You may need to create a Guest Network  for your Roku. This extra step just protects the personal and financial details on your Virgin network – for your peace of mind.

Also some people have had some success using a mobile smartphone as a temporary hotspot to link between your wifi router and their nowtv device (just to enable the nowtv device to update to the latest software).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried this all norhing seems to work at all.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Who is your internet provider ?

Perhaps somebody on here who is with the same ISP and come across the same problem when connecting their nowtv box or stick can offer you some more help & guidance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Who is your internet provider ?

Perhaps somebody on here who is with the same ISP and come across the same problem when connecting their nowtv box or stick can offer you some more help & guidance.

Virgin media. Another room in my house also has now t.v. and that one works perfectly!  It just strangely stopped working. Also my mum tried her now tv box in my room/t.v. and it worked but when i put my one into her room it wouldn't work.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Virgin Media customers do seem to encounter this problem more than others from what i have seen on the forum over the years that i have been on here.

Just try these steps in this help guide below and if that doesn't work try setting up a guest network on your Virgin Hub Router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Also another thought reading your last posted message.

I wonder if the wifi reception is poor in the room in your house where you are trying to connect the nowtv stick to your television.

What happens if you try to temporary connect the stick to the other TV in the house where you said that nowtv works.

Then if the stick does complete the wifi connection and after you fully setup the stick, then swap it back to the room where it wasn't connecting to your wifi router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have already tried that. Its weird because my mums now tv box will connect in my room but my box and stick won't connect in her room.