cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yellowlego
Advocate

Can I use any NOW TV router new wifi

My activation date is in a couple of days and they sent my router to my neighbour who isnt answering the door, I think they actually moved house because the delivery pic shows moving boxes. 

Rang NOW and they said they cant order a new box until the wifi goes live. 

Can I just get a box from facebook marketplace and use that? will i have any issues? do i need to do anything differently?

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

Yes, you can use any Now router, you can also use the Sky Q router (which is essentially the same device), or preferably the Sky SR203, as that is a much better router. Wi-Fi wise.

chilli2
Elite

As per Jayach, you could go with the SR203 , or get another compatable router..

As far as the delivery is concerned unless you said leave at neighbours you have not received it , you are not asking for a new box, but the box itself.

You should get in touch with Now and tell them that you have not yet recieved the router, and their delivery agents sent you a picture of someone elses property , Now are responsiblle for ensuring the delivery is completed correctly , and they are responsible for the actions of their delivery agents - as with any other online/mail order delivery -the delivery is not complete untl the device/item is in the posession of the person who ordered it - or left in accordance with instructons from the customer

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@yellowlego 

To follow-up from @chilli2 and @Jayach just bear in mind that you will still need to keep the NOW router for any troubleshooting to the connection. As support would no doubt blame your own equipment over theirs. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help