cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph93
Advocate

Broadband outage since 9AM - Clifton Village, Bristol

Hi,

Is anyone else facing outage of broadband service from 9AM today? This is so frustrating. Are we eligible to receive compensation for such an outage?

Regards,

Joseph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

There is a multiple exchange outage in Bristol reported on the status page. You will be entitled to automatic compensation if your service is lost for more than 2 working days:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@Jayach might know more about this situation than I do, though,

As it happens, when it comes to exactly how the Ofcom mandated auto compensation works, I don't.

Edit: Customers shouldn't have to ask for it though.

Automatic compensation: What you need to know - Ofcom

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Er, from that link:-

If your broadband or landline service stops working, you will simply have to report the fault to your provider.”

So yes, you shouldn’t have to ask for the money, but that isn’t the same as not having to report the fault.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

And my question kind of remains unanswered: if they are already aware of the fault, to the extent that they have flagged it on their website, do individuals still need to report it? Seems a bit of a grey area to say the least. Not relevant in this case of course as it was fixed within the allowed timescale. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

As a Now Broadband user (or is that historical now?) you are better placed to ask that question of Now than I am. Or those with three stars could put a query in via He Who Shall Not Be Named 😛

My money remains on subscribers having to call it in, but I have been wrong in the past.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

I am not a NOW Broadband user myself, although I look after my father-in-law's account. The question has never arisen in his case I am happy to say. But it is Ofcom guidance after all.

Perhaps somebody directly affected at some point where the situation actually arises could be arsed to let us know?  😊

Plantpot1
Advocate

Yes, we've had the same problem since this morning - didn't get much help when we called either. Have you heard anything else?

Adam801
Mentor

Nothing here either. Seems pretty bad when they can't even provide an ETA 

seebee
Scholar

It does sound pretty bad :

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/live-talktalk-internet-down-bristol-8748020

A large number of fibres are impacted after a duct has been completely severed by third party works.

Adam801
Mentor

Was just reading this... and something on reddit (take with a grain a salt) but could be out well into tomorrow unless they can get the splicing done quicker.

Also where are the official team from NowTV to update it's customers or do they rely on the "community" to do their work? 

MoiMe
Advocate

Same since 9am BS6. Still shows amber on router. 😞