cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph93
Advocate

Broadband outage since 9AM - Clifton Village, Bristol

Hi,

Is anyone else facing outage of broadband service from 9AM today? This is so frustrating. Are we eligible to receive compensation for such an outage?

Regards,

Joseph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

There is a multiple exchange outage in Bristol reported on the status page. You will be entitled to automatic compensation if your service is lost for more than 2 working days:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
redchiz1
Champion 2

There is a multiple exchange outage in Bristol reported on the status page. You will be entitled to automatic compensation if your service is lost for more than 2 working days:

Adam801
Mentor

Has anyone heard of an update as to when it may be fixed?

Tompo
Scholar 2

The headline figure of compensation after 2 days is a little misleading if you read the small print. The day the fault occurred does not count towards that and the day the fault is fixed is also excluded. Therefore in this instance where the fault began at 8:47am on Wednesday 13th you will not get any compensation if the fault is fixed before 11:59pm on Saturday 16th, not far shy of 4 days. Beyond that you automatically receive £9.33 per further day. These are Ofcom’s rules not Now’s.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Tompo 

I did say "2 working days." Anyway, hopefully it is fixed now. 

Tompo
Scholar 2

Wasn't a dig, 2 working days is exactly how Now and Ofcom advertise it, I just wanted to add a little clarity for others who hadn't digested the small print as I wasn't that impressed when I read it and realised it would be closer to 4 days.

Moot now of course as it seems it started working again late last night, happy days.

redchiz1
Champion 2

No offence taken. But yeah, if you have an outage, best have it on a Monday. 😉

RoyB
Legend

@Tompo 

Also, Now don’t know you have been affected by any outage unless you report that it is affecting you.

The ‘automatic compensation’ clock does not start ticking until you do this, and does not start ticking at all unless you do it.

As most of Now’s customer base in Bristol would have been trying to get through (if they knew this) today, there might be long waits, so I would tend to report my outage by emailing customerservices@ NowTV.com (lose the space) documenting it, and asking that the start time for the compensation clock be the posting time of the email. Rather than, say, the time anyone at Now actually gets round to reading it, and/or passing it on to the Broadband team.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Is that necessary where it is known to be a widespread outage? Or just if there is an individual fault with a customer's service? 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

If you have a total loss of service, you'll need to get in touch to let us know. We'll investigate and determine whether you're due compensation.”

Doesn't list any exceptions for ‘widespread’. It would also be worth considering the logistical implications of Now being able to auto-detect precisely what geographical service area(s) are included, and which of its customers are within it.

Even if Now could monitor every customer on a line-by-line basis, I wonder if there wouldn’t be false positives, like a customer taking their router down for some other reason.

@Jayach might know more about this situation than I do, though,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.