cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beegee
Advocate

Account went live but no internet

I signed up and received my hub within good time. It stated on my order no engineer needed. My go live date was today. I got a call this morning from an open reach engineer saying they needed to access my property however I had not received any correspondence that this was the case nor they an appointment had been booked. I called the call centre earlier to be told no engineer was needed. Later today I get a message saying the the engineer had completed his visit.  

fast forward and I checked my status on my account, it’s apparently live. I plugged my hub in and have a power light and wireless showing green but no internet. This is with all sockets in the apartment. Is this an open reach issue or now and how can I get it sorted asap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Beegee
Advocate

Hi @Anil 

unfortunately had to get an engineer out to assist before I was able to go live. It was an openreach issue.  Best to contact them and book.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
redchiz1
Champion 2

Sadly this community does not get any direct support from NOW staff, try the complaints number: 0800 759 1213

Jayach
Elite 3

The only socket you should be using is the master socket and preferably, for testing, the test socket.

I would have had the router in the socket before the engineer connected you, they can then tell if it is all working.

But yes in the position you are now in all you can do is report it to Now.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Beegee 

As mentioned by @Jayach and @redchiz1 you need to call the broadband team again. We are just customers like you so wouldn’t be able to help much.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anil
Advocate

Hi Beegee, 

Even we are facing same issue.

How your NOW broadband issue got resolved ? Was the issue with openreach or NOW ?

Thank you  

RoyB
Legend

@Anil 

@Beegee Is likely to have been a single-issue poster, and be long gone.

But if you have, or think you have, the same issue as him, then follow the good advice above that was given to him, and get in touch with Now Broadband thuswise.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Beegee
Advocate

Hi @Anil 

unfortunately had to get an engineer out to assist before I was able to go live. It was an openreach issue.  Best to contact them and book.

Anil
Advocate

Thank you.

Even we have booked an appointment with the engineer 

JT3
Advocate

Hi Beegee, 

how long did you wait for the engineer visit?

Hot-Dog
Observer

I got same problem. But I got no answers. Y did I switch.