Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Geo blocked uk

1301  error when trying to watch stuff on my apple tv 

Im based in uk and not had any problem before

What can I do to fix this tried turning the router off and leaving off for 5minutes which a few people seem to mention works but doesnt work

also do you know you cant contact anyone on your site its just pushes you to help and then shows the topic on contacting and say click a button that doesnt exist on your site

13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You, or someone in your household (teenage children are a good culprit!) haven't made any changes to your Internet connection in order to watch Netflix US have they? (Eg proxy server changes, VPNs) If so these will need to be removed before NOW TV will work properly.

Go to http://ip-lookup.net and check the site is reporting your country correctly as UK.

If so might be worth rebooting your router again and trying a factory reset of the Apple TV to see if that solves the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue tried all the above still not working
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

I will personally look into this for you and will email you back.

Please keep an eye out for it 🙂

Thanks,

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this same 'Content geo blocked (1301)' issue. IP address location is in the UK and I have rebooted the AppleTV and router a few times to no avail. It's getting frustrating.

Please help.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User can you try from a different device to eliminate if problem is on your apple box or router?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am having this same 'Content geo blocked (1301)' issue. IP address location is in the UK and I have rebooted the AppleTV and router a few times to no avail. It's getting frustrating.

Please help.

Hi @Anonymous User

What @4268 , has suggested is a good first step what you can also do is turn your router off for half an hour to an hour. This causes most ISPs to give your route and new public IP address ( the IP address of your router on the Internet) . Sometimes ISPs can take over ISPs from other countries and as a result, they end up issuing their customers routers, IP addresses, which can show up as being from another country what I have suggested will likely fix this issue

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also begun receiving the geo-blocked message on the Apple TV 4 in the living room. I also own a NowTV smart box upstairs and it plays streams without any problems. Both are connected to the same router. I have a static IP via my ISP (Zen), so a reboot makes no difference to my IP address.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User sorry but to me that suggests the issue is the Apple device. If it was your router or Now the Now box would not work. Check settings on your Apple device.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That was the point I was making. Four different members have all reported the same issue. My issue highlights that the problem isn't the router, it is something related to the Apple TV itself. Unfortunately, Sky have very little interest in the Apple TV app, given that it has never been updated.