MC007
Advocate

Re: Auth Error on Apple TV 3rd Gen

I am having the same issue and I am in the UK using,

0 Thanks
Lwell
Advocate

Re: Site is currently unavailable / Authentication error

I have the same problem with my Apple TV box. Watching an episode went to the next episode and I got the same message. Tried rebooting box but can’t even get into the app now. Having to stream it from app on phone to tv.
0 Thanks
American_Dad
Advocate

Re: Auth Error on Apple TV

Getting same error here, works fine on iPhone andiPad. I can't airplay to TV from phone either, only audio on TV and video on phone

Tried restarting AppleTV, reset WIFI no joy. Netflix and all other apps ok
0 Thanks
Andy759

Same issue here - mobile app is working though. Looks like we’ll just have to keep checking back until it’s fixed.
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Site is currently unavailable ?

Hi @venomx

I doubt the reboot on the Router will work, but like i said there is no harm trying it whilst waiting for nowtv to sort this out.

Like you my nowtv smart box is working fine and at the mo it seems to be ATV box owners who are having the trouble.

Lwell
Advocate

Same here. In UK. Was fine until about half an hour ago.
0 Thanks
venomx
Expert

Re: Site is currently unavailable ?

Ok thanks.

Just for the info, as soon as they click on " Now TV " on the box, it comes up with the error message.

0 Thanks
Andy759

Looks as though it’s fixed now!!
basilornis
Advocate

same issue, just got told on live chat the technical team is looking to resolve it so seems its a wider issue. I was told to await an email regarding it so hopefully it will get resolved before too long!

edit:

Mine is now back up and running

0 Thanks
Trishbb
Observer

I have the same problem - only just signed up to Now Tv today, watched one episode of The Tunnel and now  "auth error" keeps flashing up - how annoying??? Anyone got an answer please???

@LWCwrote:

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

0 Thanks