cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anderudd

Apple TV 4K Now TV Playback error

Hi,

We've loved the Apple TV Now app, but we recently started getting the error 'Sorry! Unable to play requested content at the moment, please try again later.' We are the only account (no one else is using it), we have the latest apple tv (4k 2023), we've deleted, unloaded, updated and reloaded the app, but we continue to get the same error. Its become very disappointing we can no longer watch Now TV on our apple tv device.

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anderudd 

Take it you’ve updated the TVOS to the latest version?

What are you trying to watch? Have you tried live TV?

Try doing a reboot of your router and the Apple TV box.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anderudd 

See this posting and the thread it is in. Not quite your issue, but it seems all is not well with Now on this device 😢

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Surreal-Estate-Season-2-Error-trying-...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

It’s odd as we have been using NOW for the last few days without issue on it. Plan on using it again tonight for another movie.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JustMe
Scholar

@RoyB it is the same error. It is effecting all newly loaded programmes since last Friday. Live TV and all other on demand works ok. I have two different generations of Apple TV 4K and it is effecting both.  Have performed "every" solution to try to resolve. Please report. It is randomly effecting lots of Apple TV Users.

Nitro
Scholar 2

@Anderudd Is this on every single asset or a specific asset? I have the same device, zero issues for me. 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

@Anderudd I have two Apple TV 4K devices and I am not experiencing the issue you describe above.

JustMe
Scholar

@PaulNormanUK I have two Apple TV 4K devices, and it is effecting every new programme uploaded since Friday. All others work. Live and On-demand. Having to watch Now on a small LG TV in my Kitchen.  Only seems to effect Apple TV devices, and newly added content.

JustMe
Scholar

@PaulNormanUK it isn't working with New content, this is where the issue is. All content loaded prior to Friday and Live is fine.

nst
Elite

@Anderudd 

Happening to me too.

Tried watching Surrealestate season 2 and got message content not available.

I logged out of the app and back in again and it solved the problem temporarily.  Back to not working tonight so I had to use my firestick NOW app to watch.

Not sure why AppleTV app not working but hopefully everyone is reporting it to them.