cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auth Error on Apple TV

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

96 REPLIES 96
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Same as before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Trying to send a JPG from a Mac doesn't seem to work in this e-mail link
Anonymous User
Not applicable

IMG_2628.JPG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Anonymous User

Can you tell us if your using a VPN or have you changed the DNS settings of your device that ay show that your outside of the UK as this may be the cause of the issue?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also the IP address of your post is showing that it is registered in Hong Kong seems this is the issue @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a dynamic DNS as I'm working in Hong King for a few months but my iPhone and Mac work for Now TV on the same wireless network that has the DNS setup and my ATV has worked in Hong Kong until this week
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ahh @Anonymous User

I would say the acocunt has causght on to the connection and were you are most likely you won't be able to use it until your back in the UK.  😞

Regards

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Eddie,

Can you send me a UK contact number so I can cancel my subscription until I'm back in the UK?

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have got that error as well i am in the uk 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm having this same issue. Was it ever resolved?