cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry an unknown error occurred. Please reenter your username and password

I'm trying to sign into my new Now TV (Roku) set top box and can't get beyond the username and password. I get the following unknow error: "Sorry an unknown error occurred. Please reenter your username and password"

I'm connecting using an exisiting account and my account works on other devices.

I've tried resetting my password and that doesn't fix it (during chat with Now TV rep) and I've even waited until 12 hours after reset.

It doesn't make a difference if I use UPPERCASE usernaem or lowercase.

Doing a Hard reset on the device doesn't work either (holding reset pin down until it reboots after 15 seconds).

Could you please help (already tried password reset and device reset)

30 REPLIES 30
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please let us know when you experience this error?

Are you also able to let us know what you are trying to watch when this occurs? 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All, this is what happened. I cancelled my account, and reset my password. i can loin to a pc or tablet to watch a movie, but i get the error when i try to set up the tv box. I did a factory reset then went through the whole process again, ending with the same error. i have reads the posts, but no one has actually posted what the fix for this problem is.

It is not a network problem as it get the green ticks, it just not recgonising the username and password.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anything?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please try the steps found in this link here.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried it, it did not work. i have tried a factory rest from the button at the back and via the software and they have both failed.

there must be a solution, is it something that is wrong with the account? i downloaded the android app and got my tablet working in 5 minutes, why not the box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'll email you shortly to gather more info.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. I can login from any other device. However, can't get past username and password on nowtv setup.

I've got the 1 month free Movies. I bought a box with 3 months entertainment. Everything else seems OK on any device other than now tv box.

I've tried the hard reset - that did reset the box. However, became stuck at same point.

I also seem to be OK in terms of connecting to my local router.

Would appreciate any help avialable.

David

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you tried all the steps in this post?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

I tried the home key - fast forward etc. as this was suggested in a previous post. It didn't seem to prompt a firmware upgrade request as implied in the post. However, this may be due to the fact that the box automatically downloaded a software upgrade as soon as it successfully connected to the internet. Consequently, I tried the alternative suggestion of trying a hard reboot i.e. holding the reset in for about 15 secs. This seemed to successfully set the box back to factory settings as it asked for my network details again. However, to no avail. It was still the same story when I got to entering my username and password i.e. the box reported "Sorry an unknown error occurred...."

I've managed to get the account up and running on an android device and a ps3. It just seems to be the now TV box I'm having an issue with.

Thanks for you suggestions though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi
I had the same problem, I finally solved it when I logged out of My NOW TV account on my PC . Once there was nothing else signed into my account the NOW TV box connected first time.