cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry an unknown error occurred. Please reenter your username and password

I'm trying to sign into my new Now TV (Roku) set top box and can't get beyond the username and password. I get the following unknow error: "Sorry an unknown error occurred. Please reenter your username and password"

I'm connecting using an exisiting account and my account works on other devices.

I've tried resetting my password and that doesn't fix it (during chat with Now TV rep) and I've even waited until 12 hours after reset.

It doesn't make a difference if I use UPPERCASE usernaem or lowercase.

Doing a Hard reset on the device doesn't work either (holding reset pin down until it reboots after 15 seconds).

Could you please help (already tried password reset and device reset)

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. What I would suggest is just making sure you can sign into the My Account page via a PC/laptop and checking that are your details and devices are all showing up as correct i.e. pass details, payment details, personal details. If that's all in order, please re-post and another member of the forum/NOW TV team will endeavour to get your box up and running.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

---Additional comments from Other thread---

Re: Unknown Error 0x6 please try again

Hi @Anonymous User

I think you've also posted in another section which I've replied to. If you have a Virgin Hub, check that the frequency is set to 2.4GHz & if it's the later model enable Guest Mode, this has helped in quite a lot of cases.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update.

I tried using the Virgin Guest Account, no change, still fails.

My Now TV account works perfectly on Smartphone, Tablet and PC. All details upto date. Still fails on the Now TV box.

Appreciate any more suggestions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for the update.  I'm pretty much out of ideas now.  I've had a quick look through your posts and you seem to have done an awful lot of trouble shooting, but just in case, have you tried resetting the router?  It's probably a long shot as your other devices are all working ok, but it may be worth giving it a go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ta, yes the router was reboot when I set up the Virgin Guest Account.

I'll wait for a NOW TV staffer to reply or will pick up a webchat when I'm next able to.

Thanks for all the help so far

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

We'll be in touch via email to try and help you further.

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems like a replacement box was needed.

Unfortunante that a new box would fail as such.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Final silly update.

1) I got the replacement NOWTV box, still fail

2) I created a dummy new account

3) worked first time

4) contacted tech support about dual accounts

5) logged out of nowtv and logged in with old account

6) old account works perfectly

7) destroy old account

NOW TV surely you have lessons to learn from this? It seems stupid what I had to do, all on my own back and spent a good few hours of my time to get it working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for the update.  NOW TV do monitor these posts and I'm sure what you've posted will be taken on board.  Glad you're finally up and running.Smiley Happy