cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

Re: Black Friday 2020 Prediction

Content next year for both entertainment and movies is going to be damn limited. will have to go from A New Premiere Everyday" to "A New Premiere Every Month".

I suspect that there will be a lack of new content, but also with a fair amount of content having migrated to Disney+ I guess Sky will need to get more creative.

Personally I would be happy if there were more classic movies and the HBO series had longer runs, but suspect I am in the minority.  And probably one of the few not too unhappy with the loss of Marvel, Start Wars and the animated Disney/Pixar movies.

ziggy125
Advocate

Cancelled both movies and entertainment as no offers and no vouchers in supermarkets etc. Was looking for a BF deal but if there isn't any will just stick with Netflix and Amazon as better value.

Shane3
Scholar

Hear hear, I will do the same
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Shane3 @ziggy125 

Any offers will be based on your account under “my passes”

When signed on you can go directly to this link.

https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
Shane3
Scholar

Yep, and there’s big all.
0 Thanks
GrumpyDonkey
Scholar 2

That's hogwash.

Offers are not based on your account.

People really need to stop saying the codswallop.

Shane3
Scholar

Agreed, the offers bare no relation to what you’ve watched or what service you have... it’s all about upselling...

We have now cancelled our vouchers and they run out in the next few days.

Overpriced service from NowTV...

Acceptable for the £99 for the year for both but £22 a month for what they offer, no thanks...
Gizmo
Scholar

I think we are all going to have to get used to the situation. This is not neglect by NOW TV but a conscious business decision.

Consider the following recent events:

1. The withdrawal of the third-party seller gift card/vouchers
  2. The weird random sport offers targeting specific users
  3. Withdrawal of Tesco Club Card Reward relationship
  4. The lack of annual or even 9-month offers to pull new customers in
  5. The lack of a retention offer when to cancel a rolling-subscription
  6. The lack of TV app updates e.g. on Samsung and LG - still no Sport on Demand
  7. The ever absent Apple TV app update

Clearly NOW TV are trying to hit some sort of goal. These could include:

1. Make NOW TV profitable when compared to a Sky subscription to push "customers" toward a Sky subscription
  2. Maybe Sky are going to finally launch Sky X  - "Dish-less" Sky
  3. NOW TV are preparing the ground to shutdown the direct to customer service.

I don't really care what NOW TV do - I would miss F1 coverage but I'm never going back to Sky. I think a large percentage NOW TV "customers" are more like "users" and will be quite happy to abandon NOW TV without a second thought - They just need a little push.

Only time will tell.

0 Thanks
Shane3
Scholar

Food for thought...

I will never return to “Sky” and looks like I am an ex NowTV subscriber as well...

Too many other offerings out there at a lot less now...
ziggy125
Advocate

@gavs82008 thank you for pointing out where they are 👍