cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box

How annoying is this new OS for the TV box, what was wrong with old version? Now you have scroll for ages to get live programs and the rest of the screen is too busy and hard to see what's going on. This update was added without any consultation or BETA. Please put it back.

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User the new layout was tested in beta by a number of super users who are also regular users of the community.

Live TV is easily accessible by pressing the back button when on the home screen (it will open the old style menu with an option for TV guide), or the * button.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry, those tips didn't work for me but it made me look at the layout more closely and I noticed the guide is also live tv,
Another problem, however, is that the box doesn't auto off like it used to and now appears to be permanently on.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Saint1976 

You also get different, and less, results if you Search in the new app, or if you use Back to (sort of) get to the old App again and use the Search there

Apart from that, I would take issue with interposing My Apps between Continue Watching and Watchlist, as I think they should be together, with My Apps following them.

And we need Auto Off back, I guess, for those who use the power supply or USB power that doesn’t power off with the TV. These Sticks get quite hot enough already in use, without staying on all the time.

But beyond that, what has the new format made harder to do?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Saint1976
Elite 3

@RoyB I started a thread on the power down issue. Feel free to add to it as I tagged some NowTV staff in the hope of getting an answer as to why the changes were made.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/New-power-settings-on-updated-app/m-p/537809/highlig...