cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: New Apple TV (4) all setup but where is now tv

Yes I have the same problem. Now TV works fine on old Apple TV but nowhere to be seen on new one.  How long will this take? Very predictable and disappointing 

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

Re: New Apple TV version 4 support

I don't think 'soon' is an answer or apology, I could tell you it would be soon as still advertised on Apples website.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Scholar 3

I've read this thread. 

The essential missing items from NowTV are 

1. No prior warning that the App wasn't going to be ready. This would have helped decision making as to whether to invest in the box at this time. Surely an advisory issued at the beginning of the week, if not earlier would have been useful. 

2. No prompt notification that the App wasn't available yesterday, preventing searching and head-scratching. 

3. No timescale as to when it will be available to download.

and far more important a simple apology, rather than a late statement. Acknowledging these three issues would be helpful, answers moreso. 

Highlighted

it is not like they have had sdk for a day the have had for over 2 months to work on it and they got sky news up no probs sky fix it out today i am getting mad with you not apple please state what is going one this is what we all want easy to do do you not want people yes they do not

no sports now for today i thanks sky should give one month free of what monthly pass you have for this

sky you are at it

Highlighted
Expert 3

Looks like there's no need for me to rush the tv upgrade from 2nd gen to 4th gen then!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

It's not that it's missing that's really the problem. Stuff goes wrong, deadlines get missed. Understandable. All that was required was a statement in advance, rather than just waiting and leaving everyone guessing and frustrated. "Sorry - it's late. It'll be done within x days due to a technical problem." Maybe they've re-written the whole thing for a far more modern experience and it'll be loads better when it's done. I'm ok waiting for that. Silence will garner no understanding, Sky.

Highlighted
Expert

I sincerely hope it's a rewritten app. Apps on the old Apple TV were incredible basic looking things with absolutely terrible user interfaces. Even on the new Apple TV, some apps, such as YouTube and CrunchyRoll have retained their old fashioned primitive UIs. Others, such as Netflix, have the same modern UIs as seen on other Netflix platforms. 

If if the Now TV app, when it finally arrives doesn't look like the Now TV PS4 app, with the same "my list" functionality and new UI, then people should feel pretty annoyed. 

Highlighted
Advocate

1. The iPhone app isnt' yet updated for the (13 month old) iPhone 6.

2. They've had months to get the app out, they're a big company with plenty of resources, and plenty of other developers succeeded. 

Yes deadlines get missed, but this is very sloppy for a launch partner. The right thing to do would be to publically acknowldge the delay, apologise, and then keep us informed with progress.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sekou

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

This app should be coming soon so please keep an eye out. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Highlighted
Expert

"soon"? What does that mean? A timescale please. 

Also, will the app have the new UI and functionality from the PS4 Now TV app?

0 Thanks