cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is, not apples fault. They have the SDK its up to the content providers to get their bottoms in gear.

On a different convo Sky are lauching something new on November 18th, to set you free is the tag line. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How soon? That's a rather open ended term. Now TV was supposed to be a launch partner. 

Are we we talking a few hours? A few days? Weeks? Months? Will be out by the end of the year. AirPlay doesn't work on the Now TV iPad app to the new Apple TV so you need to make this right, and very, very quickly. Paying subscribers are not known for their patience. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are hardly any apps on there at all compared to the old Apple TV (I am after Flixter as well) so they probably weren't ready for launch. Maybe they'll all slowly start to appear gradually over the next few days/weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The App Store is a barren wasteland. No iPlayer, no Amazon Video, no All4, no MUBI, and no Now TV. 

Very, very poor. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Soon as in within the next week or should we all cancel our subscriptions until it turns up?

It's immensely poor as the old Apple TV supported it and the new Apple TV was advertised as supporting it. A lot of customer good will is being lost over this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perhaps 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices#

could be updated to reflect that the NowTV app is not yet available on the new generation 4 Apple TV boxes? The page states that Apple TV is supported, which it ain't if it is a new box......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a bit crap that I can't even airplay Now Tv off my iphone!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just got this from 2nd line support, sort of sounds like they knew what I was saying the issue was, the new Apple TV is way better than the old one, but annoyed that no formal aknowledgement of this delay, luckily I still have old Apple TV which I will have to use tonight.

Maybe NowTV will mange surround sound and 1080p one day,  Netflix has had since launch in the UK (3 years ago?).

Hi Neil

Thank you for contacting NOW TV

I am sorry to hear you are unable to use Apple TV at the moment.

We are currently updating the app that is why it is unavailable , it will be back on shortly.

If you need anything else please contact our live chat team or reply to this email

Kind regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Considering I'm paying for this service, I would cancel my subscription if now TV is not released by the end of this week.