cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

says phone modify and wont play

Hi tried to watch on my phone but kept getting message that it has a modification so I checked that it wasn't rooted which it wasn't now stuck as what it could be any help would be appreciated the phone is a cubot p7 running on android thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear you can't view NOW TV on your phone.  Unfortunately, some manufacturers heavily modify Android & NOW TV detects the phone as rooted.  There are a number of other devices you can use to view content, this help page may be of use http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and runningSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure what you are saying is true, but I got the message today on a Nexus 4 running stock Android (albeit Lollipop, not Marshmallow). It had been working until maybe a few months ago so I suspect something in a recent maintenance update may have triggered this. Do you guys not have some kind of unit tests that can detect for the most popular phones that your code is broken and your service won't be delivered to paying customers before they find out the hard way? I think the way your code detects a rooted phone needs to be revisited. Maybe things have changed recently.