cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristeam
Advocate

What if I won't call now broadband

Hi, 3 days ago I had done the mistake of ordering now broadband to replace my soon to be over sky broadband contract. I was given a date that suited me perfectly and the confirmation that I do not require an engineer visit.

Everything went fine until today I decided to log in to see if they had sent the now hub, and surprise, surprise, this message pops up.

Something's up with your order.

We should be able to fix this but you'll need to call us first.

Call us on 0330 041 2460

Needless to say that nobody had emailed, phoned or messaged me to tell me that something is wrong and after waiting for over 20 minutes on the phone I realised that i do not have the time to waste on the phone and I need to find another solution.

In order to cancel the order, we need to CALL of course cause now is somehow stuck in the stone age.

Is this standard for NOW, should I ignore the message and expecting the hub to be delivered anyway, or if i move to another company with better communication skills and support would somehow NOW decide to bill me for a service they aren't able to provide without me wasting time chasing them?

8 REPLIES 8
Triccaj
Advocate

I have to admit my recent experience shows they just don't do customer service. I would say cancel asap and go elsewhere, as if anything goes wrong it is so incredibly stressful to get anything done.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with a lady in the customer service team and all she seemed capable of doing was naming processes she was going to try to get my issue fixed, when simultaneously admitting that my situation is very unique and none of the processes are designed to deal with it. Absolutely mental

Like yeah performing a house move on my property is really going to help my router cutting out isn't it!

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Cristeam 

Try the complaints number: 0800 759 1213

Kazza

Finally got a number out of these thieving idiots 

RoyB
Legend

@Kazza 

If this is your streaming problem with not reading the page before signing up, you won’t get any help from the Broadband-only numbers.

You will have to use the Live Chat link I referenced for you 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@Kazza wrote:

Finally got a number out of these thieving idiots 

The only idiot around here doesn't appear to be Now.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Er - having now had sight of the relevant page, which I have quoted in @Kazza ‘s other thread, I can see how easy it is to get caught out by it 😢

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Why-does-now-tv-make-it-so-bloody-difficult-to-sort-a...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Makes me wonder why they posted on this thread though???

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

He was looking for a phone number to call Now and complain, and found the one that @redchiz quoted above in this thread.

Certainly not knowing this was broadband only, and possibly not realising that we are all customers like him, albeit ones who are rather more familiar with Now’s little foibles 😛