cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ess

Cooling off period. 14 or 31 days?

Hi all,

I have just spoken to someone to confirm the cooling off period for broadband. I've seen similar posts mentioning it's 14 days, but on the phone was told it's 31 days FROM the activation date and not the purchase date. I'm slightly confused. 

Can anyone shed some light please? I'd prefer to have something in writing before I sign up.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ess 

According to this it is indeed 31 days from activation date.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-broadband

If you're cancelling your membership without switching to another provider, or you're switching to a cable service like Virgin Media, you'll need to get in touch by phone so that we can ensure your details are correct before we begin work on your cancellation.

We’ll explain the cancellation process, and help you avoid any unnecessary gaps in your broadband service if you’re moving to another provider. Confirming your contact details also allows us to get in touch easily if any issues come up. For example, you may need to pay early termination charges if you’re leaving before the end of your agreed minimum term.

Want to cancel within 31 days of your line becoming active? You can send us a message to let us know, instead of calling. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

Ofcom mandate a 14 day cooling-off period. If Now are prepared to give longer that is up to them, but I wouldn't exceed the 14 days if possible.

Switching broadband provider - Ofcom