cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Priceincrease
Mentor

Price increase 2023

Anyone else cancelling after the broadband price increase email?

11 REPLIES 11
Jayach
Elite 3

I'm not on Now, but my ISP increased their prices,along with most other ISP's except Sky and Now (it's built into their contracts), by 14.4% in April, so before jumping ship from Now (as long as you are happy with them apart from the price increase) make sure you can get a better deal elsewhere.

Chris6
Advocate

I'm not sure what the procedure is.  I'm currently three weeks into a contract after renewing with now.  I'm wondering if I can just switch to someone else without phoning now.  Will I be charged early termination?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Chris6 

You should have/get a personal email from NOW telling you about the increase. That includes the fact that you have 30 days from receipt within which you can cancel and leave without any early termination fees. 

But as @Jayach said, make sure you have a cheaper alternative lined up before you jump ship. 

Jayach
Elite 3

Jayach
Elite 3

If you do decide to go elsewhere, bear in mind, Now's contract is only 1 year, and no in contract price rises. (or you can leave)

Most other ISP's have a longer contract period, and built in "in contract" price rises of CPI+3.9% every April.

Br3ndan
Advocate

I got an email saying my prices would be fixed for 12 months

””From 28/02/2023 you will pay:

£20.00 a month

This includes discounts totalling £23.00 a month. Your first discount will expire 28/01/2024.

Keeps rolling unless cancelled, cancel anytime.””

but now I got an email saying prices rise midway 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Where does it say "fixed" other than in your opening sentence? 

As explained before you have a choice: take it; or leave it. 

Br3ndan
Advocate

Please don’t be rude, after receiving an email of price rises it is not unreasonable for me to come to the forum and ask what others are doing, either contact now and negotiating a contract or finding a cheaper provider…  it is not always the case “take it or leave it” sometimes they do give offers.. I have never known anyone just to take the stated price shown on the website without Cashback websites or retention team discount..  

and where have you ever explained it before to me?

Jayach
Elite 3

I doubt any comments here are intended to be rude, and by saying "explained before" just means it has been stated previously in the thread.

But yes, it's unfortunate the price rises came so soon after you joined. (but they are the first in 5 years)

Fortunately you now have the chance to go elsewhere, and get a new cashback/voucher offer.