cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike1977

Moving home problem - maintaining service

I'm moving home in a couple of weeks, I already have the keys to the new place, so I tried to set-up a home move from my current residence to the new one, but the person I spoke to was unable to provide a solution which wouldn't leave me without BB for 24 hours, which for work reasons is not practical.

They wanted to disconnect my existing BB the day before they provision the new residence, but as I work from home most of the time this means I would have to work in the office that day, which could be arranged, except they also want me to be present at the new residence so they can install a new line. I can't be in two places at once, and I'm not able to take the day off. 

I need the existing BB to remain working until the new BB is provisioned. As it's a new line, with a new number in a new location, this isn't a line takeover situation, so there's no technical or physical reason why this couldn't be done. At the moment it looks like the only way to handle this is to take a new account with a new provider in my new residence, and cancel my Now BB the day after, which seems a bit stupid. Or perhaps provision a new Now account in the new residence to maintain the service? I don't mind paying extra to keep the service given I rely on it for work. Has anyone come across this scenario before?

Unfortunately the person I spoke to was in an overseas call centre and reading from a scripted decision flow, and there doesn't appear to be a customer service option for speaking to someone who can handle non-scripted scenarios.

3 REPLIES 3
chilli2
Elite

Is Now broadband available at your new address?

It may be a full fibre oly area/ copper stop sell area

what do you see when you put your details in here

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Jayach
Elite 3

@Mike1977 wrote:

At the moment it looks like the only way to handle this is to take a new account with a new provider in my new residence, and cancel my Now BB the day after, which seems a bit stupid. Or perhaps provision a new Now account in the new residence to maintain the service?

I was going to suggest that that will be the best thing to do. What you are wanting is just not catered for in the normal line transfer protocols. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

To be honest any other provider is unlikely to be able to give you a lead in time of less than 14 days and will need someone to be present for a new install. Can you use a temporary solution such as mobile broadband to tide you over?