cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MN
Mentor

Account problem

Hello,
I have been trying to get help on the hotline for many weeks but no one has been able to help me.

I have broadband on NowTV and the service works.

The problem is that there is no contract connected to my account.

I contacted the hotline many times, tried link-account, created an account with other e-mail addresses, and reset my password.

None of these options work.

When trying to "link-account", despite providing consent information with the system, an error message appears and the account cannot be connected to the service.

Nobody knows how to fix it and I don't have access to bills etc.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Ew. How can I submit another complaint?

9 REPLIES 9
chilli2
Elite

You should have had a welcome email swith details on, and you should be able to manage your account via this site under my account and manage  account - that is if you are logged in here with the same account as your broadband account.

The bills are very basic, and are not suitable for claiming back VAT / for business use etc as Now do not provide bussiness accounts and this is one way they throw a spanner in the works if you are using now for bussiness as opposed to domestic use

redchiz1
Champion 2

@chilli2 

Eh?

@MN 

Sadly, NOW won't respond on here. I have to confess I don't really understand your issue. Try the complaints number 0800 759 1213 between 8:00am and 8:00pm. 

MN
Mentor

@chilli2 

I received the e-mail, followed all the steps and at the end I still get an error - even though I entered the correct data.

I tried to connect the service to the account during a conversation with a consultant who confirmed the correctness of the data, but the error still appears.

@redchiz1 

The problem is on my account i can't see anything, exept of basic details. as if I didn't have a contract with NowTV

Jayach
Elite 3

@MN wrote:
The problem is on my account i can't see anything, exept of basic details. as if I didn't have a contract with NowTV

Is it possible you have more than one account with Now?

MN
Mentor

@Jayach 

Yes, if you use diffrent e-mail adress. But like you can see it's only a problem 😉 

RoyB
Legend

@MN 

It’s possible to have Broadband on a ‘no contract’ basis. Is that what you have?

Otherwise, you should be able to ask Now Broadband the simple question of how do you access your Broadband account?

But as you seem to have tried and failed on this multiple times, I suggest you use:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints

Select Broadband and Calls. State your issue as clearly and concisely as you can. Try not to say anything likely to confuse them, or which will enable them to give you an unsuitable answer.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
MN
Mentor

@RoyB Thanks ! 

DT
Advocate

@MN Did you ever resolve this? Or did you give up? I'm having same issue. I've phoned twice and they still haven't fixed it. I now have 2 accounts with 2 different emails and none of them have broadband linked to them.

MN
Mentor

@DT Hi, to be honest I gave up after calling them over 20 times. Every time someone told me different things, but none of them solve my issue. I might try again but I lost hope anyone care to help you 😉 let me know if you sort it and good luck 🙂