cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I know when my broadband goes live?

My live broadband date is today. In the orders and appointments section of the website it states not to plug your kit in until your broadband goes live.  How do you know when it goes live if you haven't plugged it in?  Will I get an email telling me my broadband is now live?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You don't receive any email notification.

What you need to do is when your existing Router stops working, then plug in the NowTV Hub Router and wait until all three green lights on the front of the Router are permanently on.

Please note it could be a couple of hours between your old Router not working until you see all three green lights on the front of the NowTV Hub Router.

Once the three green lights are showing then that usually means you have gone live and good to go.

If you are currently on Sky Broadband, then swap your NowTV Hub Router straight away where you might not notice any little disruption with your internet during the course of the day.

Should you have no internet from another previous ISP, then plug in the Hub Router straight away and wait for the three green lights that could happen anytime up until midnight tonight. 

Then if everything goes to plan, maybe go to My Account > Orders & Appointments whilst logged in on here tomorrow to see if under live activation date it has changed from blue to green which means you are live.

Also go to Bills & Payments section of your account tomorrow and it should show your monthly Broadband & Phone payment for the 23rd of each month starting from April. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You don't receive any email notification.

What you need to do is when your existing Router stops working, then plug in the NowTV Hub Router and wait until all three green lights on the front of the Router are permanently on.

Please note it could be a couple of hours between your old Router not working until you see all three green lights on the front of the NowTV Hub Router.

Once the three green lights are showing then that usually means you have gone live and good to go.

If you are currently on Sky Broadband, then swap your NowTV Hub Router straight away where you might not notice any little disruption with your internet during the course of the day.

Should you have no internet from another previous ISP, then plug in the Hub Router straight away and wait for the three green lights that could happen anytime up until midnight tonight. 

Then if everything goes to plan, maybe go to My Account > Orders & Appointments whilst logged in on here tomorrow to see if under live activation date it has changed from blue to green which means you are live.

Also go to Bills & Payments section of your account tomorrow and it should show your monthly Broadband & Phone payment for the 23rd of each month starting from April. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps 

I currently have no internet so have done what you suggested and just turned my hub on.  Here's hoping it is activated today! Thanks again.