Not applicable

How do you know when your broadband is live

Advice how do you know when your broadband is live many thanks Emma64 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your internet is already been switched off by your previous internet service provider then yes plug in the NowTV Hub Router and wait for the three lights to appear on the front of the Hub Router.

It could take a few hours before all three green lights appear or up until Midnight (i have done three live switch overs for family members and from memory the longest was about 8pm in the evening and the earliest was about 2pm in the afternoon).

If you was on Sky Broadband, you may has well plug in your NowTV Hub Router now.

I am guessing you are on a self install and not relying on an Engineers visit ?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is today your live scheduled activation date for Now TV Broadband (hopefully it's a self install) ?

if so when your existing internet service from another ISP (apart from Sky Broadband) goes off, then plug in your NowTV Hub Router and wait until all three green lights are showing on the front on the Router which normally means you are live and the internet is good to go.

Should you be on Sky Broadband, then i would switch over the NowTV Hub Router straight away and there may be little disruption when your internet is down.

Just be aware that the live switch over could happen anytime up until Midnight tonight if today is the planned live NowTV activation date.

Also you can go to My Account > Orders & Appointments on here for your live confirmation has happened, where you need to see the three green lights showing on the front of the NowTV Hub Router before checking the Orders & Appointments section of your account.

If it's an Engineer visit then you are at the Mercy of BT Openreach if the live date happens or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I go live today and can I plug my hub in 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I go live today and can I plug my hub in now our later on 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your internet is already been switched off by your previous internet service provider then yes plug in the NowTV Hub Router and wait for the three lights to appear on the front of the Hub Router.

It could take a few hours before all three green lights appear or up until Midnight (i have done three live switch overs for family members and from memory the longest was about 8pm in the evening and the earliest was about 2pm in the afternoon).

If you was on Sky Broadband, you may has well plug in your NowTV Hub Router now.

I am guessing you are on a self install and not relying on an Engineers visit ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have 3 green lights on hub and I'm self installing 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have gone live 👍.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did have 3 green lights now I have 2 green lights 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Who was your previous ISP was it Sky Broadband or somebody else ?

If it was Sky then when you swapped over from the Sky Router to the NowTV Router it was still on Sky Broadband where the NowTV Router works on the Sky Broadband internet service.

You may have to wait a hour or so before all three green lights reappear on the NowTV Router if you was with Sky where it sounds like the switch over is now in the process of happening.

If you was with a different ISP then it sounds like BT Openreach are still testing either at the street cabinet or back at the exchange.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was with talktalk