cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMK
Advocate

Fraudulent Charges

I am not happy right now.
Why all these unauthorized charges in my account, just within a few days you charged over £30.
I need a refund, and how do I cancel and unlink my credit card? I didn't signup for this.

Entertainment Membership
To be paid on 13 Apr 2024
£6.99

Boost
To be paid on 21 Mar 2024
£6.00

Recent payments

Entertainment Membership
Paid on 13 Mar 2024
£6.99

Boost
Paid on 21 Feb 2024
£6.00

Cinema Membership
Paid on 20 Feb 2024
£9.99
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@EMK 

You will have accepted a form that looked like this, by pressing Checkout:-

IMG_1340.jpeg

As you didn’t press the tiny Remove under the extra two items, you got the free trials.

As you didn’t cancel either free trial, each turned into a further paid subscription.

There ought to be a law against it, shouldn’t there?

But talk to Live Chat, and they will very likely refund you for, and cancel, these additional items.

If they don’t, please post back here and report that.

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even though that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; again; pick something else.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@EMK 

You will have accepted a form that looked like this, by pressing Checkout:-

IMG_1340.jpeg

As you didn’t press the tiny Remove under the extra two items, you got the free trials.

As you didn’t cancel either free trial, each turned into a further paid subscription.

There ought to be a law against it, shouldn’t there?

But talk to Live Chat, and they will very likely refund you for, and cancel, these additional items.

If they don’t, please post back here and report that.

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even though that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; again; pick something else.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
EMK
Advocate

@RoyB  Thanks! I am back here because I got charged again.

RoyB
Legend

@EMK 

Charged for what?

All three items again? That would be wrong.

And Now, by law, have to refund you for the ancillary items Cinema and Boost, to which they did not obtain your explicit consent, as laid out in the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

(See? There is a law against it 😛)

Though what, exactly,  did you get agreed with Live Chat when you spoke to them last month?

Or was it just the Entertainment Membership?

Because you signed up for six months of that, minimum term, and that’s not a sneaky part of the deal; it’s described clearly enough, I think? Unless you asked Live Chat to let you off that part of the deal too, and they agreed, and they haven’t done it?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@EMK 

To add to what @RoyB said, this forum is not manned by staff so no-one will reply to your post apart from other customers.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help