cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDM
Scholar

Beware of misleading emails.

On December 27th l had an email saying my contract was coming to an end and I was offered 3 choices. Either do nothing and continue paying £23-50 or choose from two options which were written underneath. I did nothing and expected to be charged £23-50. This is what happened last year. Today I noticed that they had taken £46-50 from my bank account. On contacting the call centre I was told my discounts had come to an end. There was no mention of this in the email and I expected to continue on £23-50 as quoted. The agent would not honour the offer and I suspect just kept reading from a script. I feel that it is a very underhanded way to almost double your payment without warning. The best he would offer was £32 pm. I've lodged a complaint.

18 REPLIES 18
RoyB
Legend

@PDM 

Quite right too!

But can you paste the email here for all to see - with any details identifying you personally redacted, of course.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PDM
Scholar
redchiz1
Champion 2

@PDM 

Have you still got the email? Have another read. Carefully. 

RoyB
Legend

@PDM 

Keep trying. If you are having a specific problem making the email available, please say what it is, and we can try to help.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PDM
Scholar

@PDM 

@RoyB 

I couldn't paste the email but below is what was said without speeds etc. My reading of it is I could do nothing and stay as I am or p[ck from the two options below. That is I had three options. I realise it mentions discounts ending in the third option but nothing is said in the first option. 

Last year I had an identical email, did nothing and my discounts  continued.

Hi Peter

What are my choices?

Do nothing and continue with your existing membership for £23-50 a month

OR

Pick from one of the packages available to you below

Based on what you already have

£33-50 a month

New 12 month minimum term applies.

Super fibre, includes line rental and anytime calls.

Keep what you have

From 26/01/24 you will pay £23-50.

(No contract, keeps rolling unless cancelled, cancel anytime.)

Super Fibre includes line rental.

Anytime calls

This includes discounts totalling £23 per month.

Your first discount will expire on 18/02/24.

To choose this option you don't have to do a thing.

Jayach
Elite 3

@PDM 

I don't think that leaves any doubt you should still be on £23-50, and that email is significantly different to @redchiz1's one.

That is the email people have been getting over the last few years, when their original discounted period ends.

If you haven't yet, definately raise an official complaint and see how you get on. https://help.nowtv.com/article/codes-of-practice

redchiz1
Champion 2

@PDM 

Your first discount will expire on 18/02/24.

This bit?

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Whats your point there, exactly?

alanjam2
Advocate

@PDM 

I had the exact same, totally misleading, email at the end of January. Do nothing and continue paying 23.50, but in March I started being charged 46.50.

I raised an official complaint. Now's code of conduct says they will respond within 10 days. That was 14 days ago and no communication from Now whatsoever.