cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband switch

Thinking of switching from Sky broadband to another supplier. Will I still be able to access Now TV on my smart tv?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Shouldn't be a problem switching from Sky to another internet provider in the UK or Republic of Ireland using a ROI ISP if you are located in Ireland.

Where NowTV recommends an internet connection of 2.5mbps or higher to use their service on your Smart TV or any other supported NowTV playback device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Didn’t want to switch & then find I couldn’t access Sky Sports. BT Sport app needs BT broadband. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I was previously with BT with the Broadband, Telephone, TV and BT sports package and NowTV worked perfectly fine (only left because it was getting to expensive for me).

One one thing to keep in mind if you are supplied a BT Youview Box, then currently the NowTV App on the Youview Box only caters for "on demand movies only".

This is going to change sometime this year where NowTV / Sky & BT have agreed a cross supply service where the NowTV Sports, Entertainment will be added to the Youview box NowTV App.

Anyway because you have been using your NowTV passes on your Smart TV you will be fine still using the NowTV inbuilt App on your smart television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again for spelling it out. Very helpful.