cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I take my now tv box to a friends house and watch the sport on my account?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User yup, as long as they give you the wifi password and don't mind you using their data allowance (if they even have one).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
After getting a new phone I attempted to add this to my available devices. However, I had added my old phone previously this month. Also, having freed up space for my new phone (now 3 device spaces) I cannot add it due to the '1 device per month' rule. I am therefore unable to now use now TV as the only other device is unavailable. Having paying every month for this service, I am extremely angry that I have essentially been blocked for no appropriate reason. Unbelievably poor service.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You can contact the team here from the bottom of this page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

Using the live chat button can help you get a slot reset.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the advice!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To continue my crusade - Just remove the device limits already

You have a 2 concurrent streams limit, why do you need a device limit.  

every third email is about device limit - save yourself 1,000 posts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you know why there is a limit, it's been answered many times. Live Chat will reset the change count as a one-off, and you then know to be careful in the future. Could be worse, check the Sky Go forums, even with the two device limit they hardly help anyone out.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, I am puzzled. Did you not know you were getting a new phone. Also assuming 3 other devices were on your account. Why did you remove two? If you have trouble changing always best to go to chat.

@Anonymous User if you look at Amazon, Sky go, Virgin's TV anywhere they all have device limits.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User you know why there is a limit, it's been answered many times. Live Chat will reset the change count as a one-off, and you then know to be careful in the future. Could be worse, check the Sky Go forums, even with the two device limit they hardly help anyone out.

OMG. Stop defending them.

No other paid streaming service has a device limit like this. Netfiix and amazon restrict streams not devices. Nowtv restrict both devices and streams. It's overkill.

If Netflix and Amazon don't need device limits this restrictive then why should nowtv?

The average household has more than 4 devices capable of streaming Nowtv.

Mine has 14 devices and I would like to be able to use NowTV on. The monthly limits make it impossible to switch to using others.

Then there are the free windows 10 upgrades which also class as a new device as far as Nowtv are concerned.

They should be limiting streams only and not devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've tried to use my tv downstairs today to connect to my Apple TV and it's saying too many devices? Can I please have them reset as I only have two currently registered?

Thank you!!