cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Netflix and now tv are losing ground to filmon, because of lack of content, and pricing models. And yes, the now tv sky-like viewing restrictions also play a large part. (Over 65 million completely unrestricted unique filmon users worldwide surely can't be wrong).

You've got to be joking. Their free streams look awful and their 'high quality' streaming service is not worth £14.95 per month!

I've just tried watching a few minutes of BBC 1. It looked bloody awful... But if people want to view content on a computer, mobile phone or tablet, good luck to them...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with the OP about the restrictions being stupid, yes limit to 4 active to prevent multiusers on one account if you want but allow customers to control which devices are active. Given that kids have tables, phones etc all of which can watch NowTV then only having 4 devices with limits on changing them is just too restrictive and counter productive. If people are going to watch NowTV without paying then they wont be getting a nowTV package at all. Punishing the customers who did pay is not going to change the minds of the pirates just add to their numbers.

As to Netflix, I havent seen any quality issues, perhaps you didnt get a HD package or your ISP is throttling the bandwidth. Mine in 1080p on 4+  devices  for less than £8,  all simultaneously without loss or buffering once started, if interested I am on BT internet 80/20 Mb and I get full bandwidth 24/7. If the truth be told I would say the picture quality is better on Netflix, there does seem to be some blurring on NowTV and I did miss the chapter skipping and subtitles netflix provides as standard.

As to lack of content, this is because a certain company buys exclusive rights to show content within the UK stopping other providers from showing it even if they are stream from outside of that region. You would have thought that this would come under the monopolies rules as it unfairly restricts competition but clearly not in this case.

Legend 5
Legend 5
If you look at Amazon's device limit compared to this: you can have it set up on more devices, but can only watch on two at same time.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please reset my device limit. I have just purchased 3 new Nov TV boxes to replace my old ones and I can't use any of them because I have reached my registration limit of 4.

In 2 days, I can use 1 of my new Now TV boxes.

In 1 month and 2 days, I can use 2 of my new Now TV boxes.

In 2 months and 2 days, I can use all 3 of my new Now TV boxes.

Why I can't use my new Now TV boxes sooner?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Go to Live Chat where staff member should be able to assist.

On phone so can't post link but if you go to Help at top right you'll find Managing Devices with Contact Us - blue box bottom left

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi how do you start a post on here please

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Start at the community homepage http://community.nowtv.com/ and click on the section your issue is about eg Movies, Now TV Box (Black) etc. Then near the top of the page you'll see a green New Message button.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just wanted to see what everybody else on here thinks about Now Tv's device limits?? because frankly I don't really understand them. As a matter of fact this is the only reason i canceled my subscription to nowtv movies, I have multiple devices that i want to use, depending on what i am doing and where i am at the time but nowtv does not allow for this. I am a long term member of both netflix and amazon prime instant that give me the freedom to watch on any device and i just feel like nowtv (although it has newer movies) just offers a much poorer service by limiting devices.

Its also things like if you use chrome cast via you mobile phone both count as separate devices, just the whole idea of a device limit seem petty to me, especially when other cheaper companies do not implement any such policy. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

With respect...

Given that there are plenty of topics about this subject on the forum already, it's pretty pointless starting yet another Smiley Surprised

Legend 5
Legend 5
I don't see what the bug bear is with device limits personally. Handy to be able to use a few devices but to be honest mainly use one here.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.