cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm very sorry to hear you've had issues with device management. I will send you an e-mail now so keep an eye out on your inbox.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This whole thing being so rigid on device limits is the one feature that lets NowTV down. Your so hung up on people misusing their subscription that you are probably losing business to Netflix and Amazon. If you limit 2 steams at the same time I can live with that. Each one of my family memebers has at least 2 device that we switch and change between watching, Having to wait a month to activate a device is painful. Netflix did this once and realised its futile so removed this feature.

What I also like that Netflix do is offer a discounted price for more concurrent users offering 4 streams at once.

Please Please follow suit.

Thx

Ricky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Except Netflixs model would allow you and ten mates to share access to the lastest movies and even the team you support in the sport. 

I have several friends who make the most of this with Netflix knowing that the money they save each month is worth the hassle of not always having access.

NOW TVs content is worth a whole lot more than what Netflix have to offer. Netflix are happy with the grey market users, including those roaming to get the subscribers in the door before the studios force them to close it, or in the case of the states walk away. 

Legend 5
Legend 5
It would be good if you could watch on all four devices at same time. It must be frustrating for families who have all three passes if they can only watch two out of the three at same time at most. At the very least it would be good if they could watch all three passes simultaneously.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 with my brother trying to muscle in on my account, it would be great to do that. For me the box is upstairs the PS3 downstairs. Since my brother lives somewhere else, it would be difficult splitting the 2 slots. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 to be honest I wouldn't be happy about that. Different if you split the cost.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 To be fair, he shares his netflix with me for free so the cost doesn't bother me.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i would like to be able to watch on 3 devices at same time as i have 2 sons who watch it on their tvs and i who likes to watch it on my tv downstairs so when we're all in at wkend its not possible 😞 the money i pay on sky sports monthly movies and entertainment i should beable to watch on 3 devices at the same time and if you can register 4 you should be allowed 4 or an extra fee for an extra device!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix and now tv are losing ground to filmon, because of lack of content, and pricing models. And yes, the now tv sky-like viewing restrictions also play a large part. (Over 65 million completely unrestricted unique filmon users worldwide surely can't be wrong).The only downside is that filmon don't carry the same content. But now tv + filmon would be a winning combination in the same box or app. It would not cost now tv anything in terms of licensing and would certainly help me, jumping between apps is a pain lol.

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

Netflix and now tv are losing ground to filmon, because of lack of content, and pricing models. And yes, the now tv sky-like viewing restrictions also play a large part. (Over 65 million filmon users can't be wrong).The only downside is that filmon don't carry the same content. But now tv + filmon would be a winning combination in the same box or app. It would not cost now tv anything in terms of licensing and would certainly help me, jumping between apps is a pain lol.

FilmOn with their dirty great big logo on every channel and sub SD channels.  Right.....

I know there's a sub for £15pm, but it doesn't offer the same value for money as a NOW TV Entertainment Pass, nor offers the Sky pay channels.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.