cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcusEdwards
Observer

Re: Live chat/ help

Im going to cancel unless I get this fixed today by a human! My Now Stick no longer works and I need another sent out to me today please? Marcus Edwards 21 Darlands Drive Barnet EN5

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

This is not Live Chat. It is just a thread called Live Chat. I do not think NowTV should allow this

@MarcusEdwards @Anonymous User @Lundy5 @Kikired @Lucy15 

There is, alas, no customer-to-customer advice we can offer for what are probably account snarl-ups.

But if you email customerservices @ nowtv.com (without the spaces), giving them your account details and a description of the problem, they should be able to help you further.

Though if you want to brave the real Live Chat, then:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
lorrknowl
Advocate

I just been going through my acount and it saying my internet have been canceled why

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lorrknowl 

We other customers won’t know.

Use the details in my posting directly above yours to contact NowTV and find out.

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

0 Thanks
Haycol
Observer

Help trying to watch the England game but it won’t work all other channels work except the sports and I have an active pass

0 Thanks

Hello my name is Connor and I was wondering someone has hacked into my now tv and started buying loads of ###### on my mums card and I was wondering if there is a possibility you could refund the money as it is fraud by the person if not I will be taking this into further action 

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Haycol 

What sort of Pass?

Which channel were you trying to watch?

What device were you trying to watch it on?

For instance, with a Sports Mobile Pass, it has to be one of the five channels this Pass is good for, and you can only watch it on a smartphone; not even on a tablet, let alone a TV.

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Connorbeesley12 

So you have a personal NowTV account, which is paid for on your Mum’s card, and she has unauthorised and unrecognised transactions on her card?

And these all relate to purchases of NowTV Passes on your NowTV account?

OK, then the first thing you must do is go into your NowTV account, and set a Payment PIN, to stop any more such purchases.

Secondly, in your Account, look at the Devices in use or used recently; for any that you don’t recognise as legitimate usage, this will show you where the leak is being exploited, and may give a clue, if it is somewhere close to home.

Then you need to blow them off your account, and resecure it, as here:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure

Follow the advice there to change you Password and force signout on all devices; this will stop the intruder signing back in.

Finally, think how this breach might have happened:-

You disposed of a device with your NowTV account details on it, a Stick, box, TV, laptop, games console, or whatever, without wiping it first;

You signed in to NowTV on somebody else’s TV or device, and didn’t sign out again;
Somebody has, or has guessed, your NowTV sign-on details, both email address and password;

Somebody has access to your TV or other device, and has added Passes on that.

In the last case, you won’t see any unrecognised devices in your Device list, but you may see a last-used date and time you don’t recognise.

But anyways up, you need to determine how the fraud occurred, and who was at fault for the data breach, before you can determine who, if anybody, ought to be refunding your Mum for it.

And of course, if there are unauthorised transactions on her card not related to NowTV, she should be contacting her bank about this anyway.

0 Thanks