cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam_69
Advocate

may be you should ask why I cancelled

Just cancelled my Now TV sub after a 3 month trial deal. Was easy to cancel online so thanks for that but you kept trying to offer me more deals to stay but may be you should have asked why I am cancelling. I was so tempted to keep it but a few niggles put me off.
1 - Adverts -  slight annoyance in middle of program at random times
2 - The User experience on my Now TV box was not good. Mixing lots of stuff which is not part of my subscription does not make me want to upgrade to films or sport or what ever else, it just gets in the way and confuses the kids.
3 - and this is the bigger one - I cannot have my own personal profile separate from the kids.

Shame as there is some good content there and they could fix these things.

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@sam_69 

You’re preaching to the choir 😢

We’r all just customers like you here, so ‘you’ isn’t Now. If you want to tell Now why you quit, you need to contact them directly, not use this Community, as it doesn’t work that way.

But some thoughts:-

1. You can stop adverts on In Demand by taking out Boost. The live experience, though, is the one Sky customers have had to put up with for years.

2, Most apps point all sorts of everything at you, you will find. That’s why I like Roku sticks, which don’t mix apps and content; though even there, once in an app, the cluttered presentation starts again.

3. Oh yes, we all want profiles. something Now have been obdurately doing without for years.

I think Now’s fine judgement is that as long as they have the content and nobody else does, we will put up with all the other inconveniences in order to be able to access it 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB wrote:

Oh yes, we all want profiles.

Seeing as it's Panto season: "Oh no we don't!" It really hasn't bothered us, despite sharing across various family users. So speak for some if you like, but not all.

NOW has compromises for sure, but so do most streaming and exclusive content services. The reason I stick with them is they alwys have and continue to offer the best value for money for the added TV I want to watch

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

I don't think you are actively opposed to profiles, though, are you?

Theres a big difference between that, and being able to manage without them, or thinking that other improvements should take priority.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

No, I am not actively opposed, but it would be bottom of my list of any reasons to cancel the service. Just not very important to us. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@sam_69 

It depends what you mean by "kids." If you have younger children then direct them to the Kids button on the app which delivers an entirely separate subset of content for that age group. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 and @RoyB 

As you both probably aware that I have been banging on about profiles for a few years. Personally I would love for them to be added, but losing hope it will actually happen.

Wouldn’t cancel it over that, as I done so in the past with NOW and came back after some great deals. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help