cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveyb
Advocate

parents can’t cancel need help?

Hi 👋 my parents just found out they have been getting billed £9.99 for now cinema but they don’t remember ever signing upto anything this as been going on for a long time they don’t know any log in details at all and arnt any good with emails .how can they cancel without knowing any details ? thanks 🙏🏻 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@daveyb 

Given what you say, you’re going to need to do this for them 😢 but it is doable 😀

First, you need details of the card they are being billed on. So you need the statement they can see the charge appearing on, and they need to give you the details of the code in the text line, which will uniquely identify the payment when you speak to Now.

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even if that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else.

When you talk to Now, you may need to identify yourself as your parents, or at least as someone legitimately acting on their behalf, so it might be easiest to do this when you are with them, if that is practicable.

Explain to Now Live Chat what’s happened, and ask for the account to be closed, and for your parents to be refunded as much as possible (usually about three months, but try for more),

If you want to do a bit of digging yourself before contacting Now, and you have the last four digits of the card associated with the bank account these payments are coming out of, credit or debit card, use the Account Finder:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

which may yield the email address associated with the Now account. But there’s not much you can do with that without the password, and if you do Forgot Password, then it will just go to that email address. Which as it seems unlikely to belong to your parents, may not get you any further forward. (But me, I’d look it up anyway, just to see what comes up, as it maybe something you recognise, though I wouldn’t do a Forgot Password, lest it alert the mystery cuckoo in the nest).

But whether you do or not, get on to Live Chat, and get it stopped. Don’t worry about any disputed ownership; Now will always act on behalf of the bill payer.

Good luck, and please let us know how it turns out!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.