cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F345ed

Charged when account is cancelled

Hello, 

I cancelled my subscription to a TV package a couple of months ago and haven't used the service,

This month (April) I have been charged twice it seems 

Once at £4.99 

Once at £6.99

When I look on my account online it states I have no subscription active, yet I am still being charged, any Ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@F345ed 

See if you have a forgotten account:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

If this doesn’t solve it, contact Now Live Chat, quoting the payment reference from each of the transactions on your card/bank account. They will be able to trace these.

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even if that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
suntangent

I am having the exact same issue. Cancelled my membership but still being charged for it. I definitely only have one account, as I have checked the "account checker". Furthermore, the chat bot doesn't seem to work (it just takes me to a loading screen that says "we'll be with you in a jiffy..." (frankly, pretty insulting), and then does nothing. The link you have suggested above, Roy, won't let me access Now Live Chat. When I click through to "3. Your Options", it just says "Request a Refund" and nothing else. Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do! Why won't you let me Now TV?

RoyB
Legend

@suntangent 

Now doesn’t like the browser you are using, as it has got its cache all messed up.

Try a different browser, preferably one that you have given little or no use,

Or, if you have some technical smarts and can clear down the cache in your preferred browser, do that, and try it again.

I get this nonsense all the time in the Sony Community, and clearing all or some of the Sony entries in Settings/Safari/Advanced/Website Data on my iPad brings it back; though it usually requires accepting cookies again, and often reauthorisation via a code in an email.

Doesn't happen for me in Now, though, usually.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RMM71
Scholar 2

@suntangent if you read the original reply more closely you will see that RoyB says not to "Request a Refund" because that option will not take you to Live Chat. Choose one of the other TV options to connect to Live Chat.