cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

delete the account

I want to close my account I am withdrawing consent for nowTv to hold my information; from my name to my card details. I cannot find information anywhere, live chat is not working and it all seems like a joke. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
nowswaish
Scholar 3

Follow the process detailed by RoyB.  To save you a fifteen second search of the community to find the answer to your question I have copied it below.

“You follow NowTV’s clearly laid down procedures on Privacy and Data Protection that you can find from any page on the NowTV site, here.

The relevant section is:-

Keeping your data up to date and your rights

You can contact us via Manage Account for Sky, My Account for NOW TV, or on 03442 414 141 (in the UK) or 0818 719 819 (in ROI) to update, amend, correct your information. You also have the following rights:

• to request access to, or erasure of, the personal data we hold about you
  • to request us to restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you
  • to object to us processing personal data relating to you
  • where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
  • you have the right to obtain certain personal data from us in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party (also called “data portability”).

Please note that some of these rights are not absolute. In some cases, we may refuse a request to exercise particular rights if complying with it meant that we are no longer able to meet our contractual obligation to provide you with particular products and services. However, we will keep you informed as to the actions that we can take when you make your request.

================

You then ring the quoted telephone number, where someone (make sure you get their name)  will have no idea what you are talking about, and will try to fob you off onto some other number (ditto) where you will again not get a result.

Or possibly NowTV have improved things since the last person tried this and failed.

But if not, you then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office as here, who will investigate cases of non-compliance with GDPR, and have the power to enforce compliance, imposing very large fines where merited.”

Hope it works for you,

Andy.