cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richy_Rich

I've now got more accounts than tellies......

Hi

Am a long-time NowTV customer, but never really had to post anything as it's usually fine.

However - long story short, it was originally a standalone account - then it was adopted by BT TV, then I left them , and tried to sign up with EE, there was an issue, and now I have 3 NowTV accounts, linked to a BT and 2 EE accounts under 3 different email addresses :-S

Problem is, my original NowTV account is now linked to a duff EE account that is set for deletion, and my new EE account is linked to a new NowTV account that I'd like to get rid of before I get billed for it.

Anyone any idea how to unpick this? 

Am assuming it's not as simple as just changing the email ID of the NowTV account to match the one EE thinks it is, as I'd expect that change to filter back to EE anyway so that folks can't suddenly break the link by changing email, as this would then break billing...?

All / any help appreciated (especially if you are a human person that works for now and not a chatbot... 🙂

Thanks

Richard

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Richy_Rich 

We are all humans here, but we are your fellow customers, and no Now staff monitor or post here.

However, this is not an issue for Now, it is an issue for BT and EE to sort out, in which Now really cannot intervene.

Perhaps you have talked to BT and/or EE customer support and got nowhere though? This is not, alas, unusual 😢

I recommend that you post here:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/bd-p/YouView

There are very knowledgable and reliable BT/EE staff on this Community, as well as customers, and they should be able to untangle the clusterfail on your behalf.

See you over there….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.