cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillfort
Advocate

canceling service

Why is it that when it comes to signing up to things like mobile, tv or the internet, all you have to do is fill in a form and click submit, but when it comes to canceling your service it always seams to require a phone call to an understaffed call centre, normally taking at least an hour sitting in a que, to then listen to some one give you a whole spheech about all of the great reasons you should stay with your current provider, when all you want to do is end your service.

is it just me or is canceling a service once your contract has finished become an imposible task. Was it always like this or is this somthing new trying to force us to stay where we are and just put up with continusly higher prices for a worse and worse service.

regards

someone at the end of thier wits.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@hillfort 

You don’t need to do it over the phone. See this link, but if you’re switching to another provider they should be able to deal with it. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-broadband

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
hillfort
Advocate

@gavs82008 

I emailed the link they have on thier website and followed the insturctions for contacting them to ask that my service be canceled, I am non switching to another provider or to cable internet.

I received an email from them saying I had to call them, to confirm. Why offer the option to cancel by email if you are then going to ask users to call so you can try and confince them to stay.

RoyB
Legend

@hillfort 

People keep trying to get a law passed that says that leaving something should be no harder, and take no longer, than to get into it.

It can’t come soon enough for me.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issue (happy customer for many years until massive bill increase, would of stayed if they just continued with billing as was) ... first attempt the call handler cut me off, second attempt, the call handler put me through the 'provisioning team' which i held the line for 20 minute with music playing. Third attempt, said that my new provider was at fault and that I haven't informed them about transferring, which i did and also received letter from Now confirming the exit of my service on 19/10. Yet the broadband router is still active and I just can not get through to anyone to ensure I'm not billed and to terminate my service. She also transferred me to another dept .... music playing, on hold atm for yet another 20 minutes, finally got through to someone who said they will sort it for me, who then called me back to say they couldn't do it and will transfer me to yet another person ....waiting on hold once more atm .... Over 2 hours (so far) of my life gone I will never get back, will this ever be sorted in my lifetime, what a nightmare !! 

Now speaking to call handler number 5 this morning who is suppose to resolve it, they are now blaming my new provider.... ?*!!&% ... HELP I'M GOING MAD !!!! 

lol, now been connected to call handler number 6 (provisioning team, once more) .... who couldn't cancel my service, now connected to call handler number 7 ... who will now pass my problem to back office team who will take 72 hours to come back to me .... over 3 hours on phone now.... given up will to live !!!

regards

yet someone else at the end of their wits.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Congratulations. You’ve just met the people who put the No in Now 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My daughter loves Social Media, one of her last posts got 7.6m ... I've yet to tell her of my woes in trying to cancel a simple broadband service, be interesting what she will make of it !