cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV overcharging

Whilst my contract ended, I received an email from NowTV telling me that I will still be charged the same £25.50 unless I choose another membership deal. I was also told that I don't need to do anything, I'll continue being charged the same. 

But this month and all upcoming months I am charged £46.50. Almost a double. 

I tried to get on the phone with them and after a couple of minutes waiting on the line, they just hang up the line, so I can't even speak to an agent. 

Has this happened to anyone? 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. See here https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Warning-Deliberately-misleading-out-of-contract-optio...

I' ve put in a web form complaint worded as follows.

On expiry of my broadband contract you sent an email on (13/9/23) giving me two options:

"Do nothing and continue with your existing membership for £25.50 a month.

Or

Pick from one of the packages available to you below."

I chose the first option "Do nothing and continue with your existing membership for £25.50 a month."

After one month you started billing me at £43.50/month. On closer inspection of the email, this increase is detailed in the second option that I did not choose.

Please refund me the overcharged amount of £18 and return my payments to £25.50 for my current package (Fab Fibre broadband and anytime calls). If you want to increase the price, please give me notice of this in writing rather than just taking it from my account without permission.

You cannot argue that you informed me on the 13/9/23, as the word "or" describes a choice between multiple options. The option that includes the price increase is formatted completely differently and cannot be interpreted as a continuation of the first option of "Do nothing and continue with your existing membership for £25.50 a month."

I look forward to your prompt resolution of this problem.

I don't expect them to sort it. Given last year's process they'll probably offer me a new 12 month contract somewhere between what their email said and their un-discounted rate.  It'll be worse than what they offer new customers. I am looking for an alternative supplier so that I'm ready to move if I get the expected response. I don't want to have to deal with their lies every year, only to be tied into another contract with them.